The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required of the Shipper/Receiver.
- Perform a variety of routine duties to fill orders for shipment and receive incoming materials.
- Work from shipping orders with both written and verbal instruction.
- Prepare bill of lading forms, shipping labels and packing slips.
- Use weighing scales and strapping equipment.
- Arrange for proper carrier, also pick-up of outgoing shipments.
- Rotate cartons as required to ship first in first out.
- Move material as required using fork truck and other material handling equipment.
- Report unusual problems or unsafe conditions to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Observe all health and safety requirements and maintain equipment and work areas in neat and orderly condition.
- Perform all safety checks on equipment, racking, shelving and storage units.
- Responsible for filling propane tanks as needed.
- Ship orders using FedEx/UPS computer systems.
- Input trucking/tracking information into the IQMS module.
- This list is not all inclusive and the Shipper/Receiver will receive additional assignments as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Able to effectively communicate using the basic English language.
- Must be able to work from instructions written in the basic English Language.
- High School Diploma with 5 plus years of experience in Shipping/Receiving, utilizing shipping software/packages and established shipping procedures.
- Must be proficient with Incoming/Outgoing freight, UPS, FedEx labeling and other shipping systems, as well as, experience utilizing a Company’s operating system (IQMS knowledge preferred).
- Excellent problem solving, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, meet deadlines, multi-task and able to work independently.